Thursday, January 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Mister George!




It is truly unbelievable to me that George has already been with us a year...that we have been parents for a year! Sometimes we feel like we're still new at this!
George woke up today at 7:00 (thank goodness - he was making a habit out of getting up at 3:30 or 4:00 am for the last week or so) with a smile on his face. His cold seems to be all but gone and he has two more teeth that have officially cut (that puts us at 6 teeth).

Today marked what I feel is George's first official tantrum. He was trying to get into the fireplace and I pulled him away - and he screamed and yelled at the top of his lungs. I was trying not to laugh, but it was pretty funny. I'm sure the humor will wear off quickly! We no longer have a baby...we have a toddler.

A few weeks ago George really took to crawling, and it seemed to slow his learning to walk. But, over the last few days, he's been taking steps between Brian and me, about 6-7 at a time. Boy, he sure is proud of himself! He's hit his noggin on the floor a few times, but is now putting is hands out to catch himself rather than go headfirst. I was getting worried!

George has decided he much prefers to feed himself, but hasn't mastered a spoon, so we're trying out all kinds of finger foods. He loves rotisserie chicken, chunks of avocado, cooked macaroni noodles, peas and waffles. He tried cut up blueberries the other day and they went over well. I also made the mistake of giving him a little cookie and I can already tell the poor kid has my sweet tooth!

We celebrated a little early with Brian's mom's side a few weeks ago (see the cousins in the pen photo below) and we're having a very low key birthday party on Sunday for everyone else. I don't want to overwhelm him, so no magician, bouncy house and ball pit (this year at least). But I promise cake smashing photos later!
Thank you to all who follow this blog - please keep reading and I'll keep writing!

1 comment:

the story of my life... said...

Happy birthday !! Carter has the same striped shirt!! To Funny!!